Christmas opening hours 2022 (LBG)
We know that many of you want to spend time with your families and friends at Christmas, so having clarity on when you're expected to work is important.
We've had confirmation of some of the opening hours in operation for parts of the business which should help you in planning your time off.
Branch & One Mortgage & Protection
The below table sets out the opening hours for high street and mobile Lloyds, Halifax and Bank of Scotland branches, along with the One Mortgage and Protection business.
|Saturday 24 December||Closed from 1.00pm|
|Sunday 25 December||Closed|
|Monday 26 December||Closed – Boxing Day bank holiday|
|Tuesday 27 December||Closed – Christmas Day (substitute bank holiday)|
|Wednesday 28 December||Same opening hours as pre-Christmas|
|Thursday 29 December||Same opening hours as pre-Christmas|
|Friday 30 December||Same opening hours as pre-Christmas|
|Saturday 31 December||Closed from 1.00pm|
|Sunday 1 January||Closed|
|Monday 2 January||Closed – New Year’s Day (substitute bank holiday)|
|Tuesday 3 January (Scotland only)||2 January (substitute bank holiday)|
Points to note
- If you’re working on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, you don’t need to use holiday entitlement for the hours between 1.00pm and your normal closing/finish time.
- If you’re taking Christmas Eve or New Year’s Eve as holiday, you should book a full days holiday entitlement.
- Time off around Christmas is at a premium, with most people wanting some time away from work. You should follow your normal holiday booking process. Your management should seek to fairly distribute time off to everyone requesting it.
The Customer Services area of the business is seeking volunteers for some operations to support limited opening for Christmas Day (25th December), Boxing Day (26th December) and New Year's Day (1st January).
Those who volunteer to work any of these three days will be paid an enhanced payment on top of normal pay
- 25th December - £30 per hour
- 26th December - £15 per hour + 1 hour's holiday for every hour worked
- 1st January - £30 per hour + 1 hour's holiday for every hour worked
Where shifts start on Saturday 24 December, but finish on Christmas Day, Sunday 25 December, you’ll be paid the incentive for your full shift, not just the period after midnight.
Colleagues are being asked to submit holiday preferences between 26th September and 16th October, with approved holidays to be communicated during the week beginning 31st October. Any remaining holiday allowance will be released for people to book from the 8th November.